After almost a week of tweaking, I think I’ve finally found a basal program that works. Unfortunately, partially due to my Symlin sabbatical (I decided I need less needles in my life) and partially due to my general laziness (ie not working out enough), I had to increase most of my basal program.
I did an actual overnight basal test on the night of the 24th but the rest of my basal tweaks were purely SWAG. Nonetheless, I now have a basal program that keeps my BG relatively flat throughout the day. I am now convinced that basal programing is more of an art than a science. I have achieved Basal Zen and, for now, all is right with the world.